Packing For WWOOF Japan

The clothes I packed for WWOOFing in Japan

My biggest concern going to Japan during the spring is the temperature difference between there and Thailand. Bangkok is about 32 ºC (90 ºF) year-a-round and a comfortable temperature for me. Japan is about 10-15 ºC (50-59 ºF) in the spring and a very unpleasant temperature for me.

When I lived in the US, I had winter coats, scarfs, gloves, etc. but didn't bring any of that to Thailand. I could have it shipped but is that really a better option to buying something locally?

Zine found me a jacket with removable lining, similar to the one I’ve got in the States for 1,400 baht. I found a pair of gloves in my closet I bought in Chiang Mai a few years ago and a skull cap (or boggin or whatever they're called) at the market for 250 baht. A few long-john bottoms and some cloths Zine brought from Phranakorn and I’m feeling better about those temperatures.

After a few weeks in Japan or once I've returned, I can make comment on whether this was sufficient. But for now, here’s the packing list:

10 pair of socks
8 pair of underwear
2 pair of jeans
4 track suit bottoms
3 long-john bottoms
2 long-sleeve shirts
5 short-sleeve shirts
1 pair pajamas (top & bottom)
1 hoodie
1 winter coat with removable lining
1 fleece jacket
1 pair shoes
1 umbrella
1 towel
1 extractable hanger (for the towel)
1 laptop
1 camera
1 smart phone
1 journal
1 kindle
1 electric razor
1 LAN cable (just in case someone has internet but no Wi-Fi)
5 WWOOF permits
1 inflatable neck pillow

All of the above will be carried in one rolly suit-case and one day-size backpack.

0 comments: